The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- Fantasie Alex Fl9152 mit Bügel, Stütz Bh Blütenblatt ( Pel ) 32ff Cs
- EXPRESS DOUBLE BREASTED WOOL PEACOAT FAUX LEATHER TRIM S
- LOGO Layers Lori goldstein Knit Tank Twin Set Mesh Trim Grey Moon M NEW A277751
- Official NCAA Gonzaga University Bulldogs - GONSTRDY Mens Womens Boyfriend
- New With Tags - Rag & Bone High Rise Skinny, Size 29, Heritage
- RAG & BONE The Skinny Jeans Preston Wash 26 worn once
- BUTT LIFTER COLOMBIAN SKINNY JEANS IN RIPPED STYLE T BY TOP WOMAN JEANS
- The Vanity Room NEW Navy bluee Womens Size Large L Sleeveless Jumpsuit - 343
- Women's American Eagle Outfitters Favorite Boyfriend Jean size 12
- Joy Lab Women's Charcoal Heather High Rise Premium Leggings Long Length, XXL
- JOE'S JEANS Cigarette Cut Tessa Indigo bluee Wash WOMENS SIZE 25×34 EUC Nordstrom
- Fajas Para men Faja Reductora De Hombre Reductoras Adelgazar Bajar Peso .
- BON MARCHE purpleC HOUSE COAT DRESSING GOWN 16 18
- Calf Length Jeans Washed Denim Women Stretchy Breeches Mid Waist Pencil Pant
- Eskandar BURGUNDY Handloomed Heavy Weight Merino Criss Cross Sweater O S
- VTG Hilda Ltd. Womens Medium Sweater Coat Iceland 100% Wool Button Closure Lined
- 2019 New Fashion Korean Women Cashmere Cardigan Embroidery Letter Sweater Winter
- LULAROE SARAH DUSTER CARDIGAN XL BNWT FLORAL blueE PINK FLOWERS
- Freya In The Navy Deco AS5857 con Moldeada con Aros Top Bikini Marine 32 F Cs
- NEW WOMENS LADIES NAVY TRADIE BUILDER MECHANIC FACTORY DURABLE WORK PANTS
- Bcbg Max Azria Pearlized Pink Knee Length Leather Skirt Sz 4
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
New without tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging or ... Read moreabout the condition
|Style:||Gilets & Bodywarmers|
Does not apply