The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- jean Kaporal 5 Lova blue size 41 à - 67%
- Sujetador con Aros 75C Balconette black Albaricoque Von Belamy Nuevo
- Snoopy Jeans ladies denim RARE size Small women's dark bluee draw string
- Triumph Amazing Sensation Spitze Hohe size Höschen Rumba red (1542) 10
- 90's VERSACE VERSUS Floral Pants Trousers gold Logo Vintage Slim Fit Boho bluee
- Prima women Swim Bikini Top - Punch - golden Shadow Curacao 4000518
- JOHN SMEDLEY Sweaters 061073 Grey S
- CAbi Deep V Sweater Size M Fall 2018 Womens Style 3531
- Lafayette 148 New York Womens Pink Congreenible Wool Sweater Top L BHFO 5663
- Lise Charmel Normal Bikini Brief Harmony Pois Harmony bluee bluee White 36 New
- PORSCHE DESIGN WOMEN'S MARTINI RACING BEACH POOL SKIRT, EURO XL USA L. NIBWT.
- H&M Ladies Fringed Knit Sweater Vest Light Beige Medium (M) NWT
- Free People Fun Times Cardigan Cream New NWT Size M
- NYDJ NEW bluee Women's Size 6 Boost Skinny Shape Curve Denim Shorts
- Kariza Designs Sz M Pink bluee Lotus Print Upcycled Silk Sari Skirt -Reversible
- New LANE BRYANT Girlfriend Denim Shorts Bleached Released Hem Jean Plus 22W
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport