The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- GENUINE TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES LIBERTY LADIES HOODIE -LADY SMALL MSWA16023
- Susa Non Wired Bra 100% Cotton 9502 White
- FREE PEOPLE top Sz (small) medium 12 14 grey white kaftan
- Veste sans manches brown IKKS size 40
- Citizens Of Humanity Dree Flared High Rise Jeans 24 25 Olivia Harlow
- NWT JOE'S Sz24 THE CHARLIE SKINNY ANKLE HI-RISE STRETCH JEANS JASMYN GREY
- New Sleeveless Brown Rabbit Vest Coat Size Medium 6 8 M Efurs4less
- COP COPINE ETE 2016 pantalon modèle MIOSSEC étiqueté valeur (-50%)
- New Lee Womans Jeans W33 X L33 Scarlet Crop Skinny Cropped Jeans RRP
- 36DD Victoria's Secret Push Up Bra New
- Aerie bluee & White Plaid Romper Size S New With Tags Value
- Claire Pettibone Lounge Set Pajama Tunic Top + PJ Capri Pant Fun Flowers New M
- Anthropologie E by Eloise Bicycle Pants Lounge PJ's Pajamas bluee Red Sz Medium
- Saks Fifth Avenue Womens Red Coat By Nipon Coature Sz.6
- NWT. Brunello Cucinelli Women's Wool Tweed Sequined Jamaica Shorts Sz42 6US
- New with tags Kathlyn Dianos blazer size 6.
- Letarte Bermuda Fringe Shorts Lime Green Swim Cover Up Sz M NWT
- R2D2 Eleven Paris Womens sweater
- St John Yellow Label Womens Knit Button Front Cardigan Multicolor Size Small
- Club Monaco Wool Blend Pleated A-Line Skirt Brown Size 4 NEW
- Sanctuary Women's Cold-Shoulder Knitted Sweater
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply