The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- MALINI Sheer White Mesh Embroidered Lingerie Pajama Set 3 Piece Small
- Helly Hansen Helly Tech Capucha women Chaqueta Impermeable size M
- Milly- Multi-color Print Silk Blouse Sz 6
- J Crew Schoolboy Blazer Linen Ivory White Women Sz 8
- Jeans Met in Jeans 34302ES -30%
- GOOD AMERICAN Women's Plus 24 Good Legs Crop Split Hem Jeans Stretch High Rise
- Kancan Women's Skinny Distressed Low Rise Jeans Stretchy Size 31 Short Ravel NEW
- 4007 Bon Bon Up Jeans Levanta cola jeans colombianos butt lifter levanta pompis
- Knee Rips Raw Hem Skinny Jeans
- NWT Womens Free People Skinny Jeans Size 24
- Royce Chloe 893P Non-Wired, Post Surgery Bra Grey Marl 38C CS
- Amethyst Womens Jeans Sz 22 Bootcut 43x32 Stretch Mid Rise Medium Wash Embellish
- Hamana Shakira Estampado Leopardo Sexy Camisón & Tanga Set Babydoll Ropa de
- Jennifer Lauren Women Plus Size 3x Pink Cancer Support PJ Sleepwear Pajama Set
- ALEXANDER McQUEEN - McQ Cream Wide Leg Trousers Size 44
- Wildfox Women's All Over Glitz WCO542 65U Sweater Iced Lavander XS RRP BCF89
- RAG & BONE WILEY BOYFRIEND SHORT 29
- J.Crew Pleated Midi Skirt in Flamingo - NWT - 000, 00,2, 4, 6, 8
- 100% Cashmere scarf bluesh pink Brand New With Tag
- NEW Jeanswest Womens Hope Longline Linen Cardigan Jumpers, Cardigans
- DKNY Long Sleeve Drop DOWN Cardigan Sweater Size S SMALL SOLID blueE Wool Blend
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply