The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- BELLE FARE NEW MULTI TAUPE GENUINE FUR VEST COAT SIZE XS NEW WITH TAGS
- Keepsake The Label Women's Lionheart Cropped Faux Fur Shaggy Coat
- Vintage Womens J. G. Hook Khaki Beige Trench Coat Removable Wool Lining Size 16
- Alo Yoga Airbrush Green Ombre stripe legging
- NAPAPIJRI NOYBAQ DESNA Women‘s LARGE Quilted Full Zip Waistcoat Vest RCS11113
- PER UNA Fur Lined QUILTED PARKA with HOOD Size 14, 16 or 18 KHAKI
- Victoria's Secret PINK NATION College Crew Fleece, size L, Brand NEW
- J. Jill Petite Small Abstract Artsy Brown Green Printed Blouse Mesh Trim Shirt
- No Doubt Women's Photo Glow Sweatshirt
- Victoria's Secret 2018 Fashion Show X SWAROVSKI Rhinestone FANTASY 36B - L
- JOIE MATISSE SILK MARISKA JUMPSUIT L
- Miss Me JEANS CROPPED CAPRIS 100% cotton boyfriend ankle distressed 31 PATCHWORK
- Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Skinny Jeans 23" to 24" Waist C59
- Womens Rag & Bone Size 27 Dark Wash Skinny Kensington Jeans
- NEW VICTORIA'S SECRET PLAID COTTON FLANNEL PAJAMA LOUNGE PJ SLEEP PANTS M
- NEW Women's PINK SOFT BRA 30 32 34 36 38 40 42 ABCDEFGHIJ MISSI by KINGA
- Sexy REGGICALZE + PERIZOMA black taglia M (42) lingerie GLAMOUR
- Silhouette Classics White Soft Full Cup Bra 499 34B
- Forever 21 Plunging Red Jumpsuit
- Ralph Lauren Aztec Sweater Hand Knit Navajo Cardigan Petite L Southwest Shawl
- VIVIENNE TAM Cotton Wool Pants Size 1(K-50963)
- Lularoe Maxi Green Pink Paisley SZ L Skirt
- Emmi atelier Sweaters 273828 bluee F
- FLAX Designs Flood Pants 2G 2X 2XL Marina bluee Washed Linen NWOT
- Metric Knits Womens Sweater, Xl
- SUNDANCE Fully Lined Leather Skirt Size 10
- Emily & Fin Women’s Size S 10 bluee Faye Skirt Aztec Birds Floral Print Retro New
- [574302-01] Womens Puma x Fenty by Rihanna Lace Trim Sleepwear Short
- Vintage Women's WOOLRICH Patterned Cardigan Cream (S)
- Sexy Ultra Mini Skirt womens sz S ladies Stretchy Denim Jeans distressed denim
- Sexy Swimsuit Women Plus Size Swimwear Sets Padded Bathing Suits Skirt Style New
- NWT - Spell And The Gypsy Collective Sunset Riders Sloppy Joe (M)
- New Wolford Fatal Assymetric Top One Shoulder, XS
- SKIF SKIFO International Happy Circle Sz M Tunic Sleeveless Loose Woven
- Jcrew F0117 Size 0p Petite Flatter-sleeve Top
- Ladies Dark Teal Button Front Short Sleeve Size 14 Blouse Polyester Collar
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition