The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- LOT 2 Kenneth Cole Shirts Mens Large Slim Fit Green Purple White Button No Iron
- Port & Co. Made in the USA Unisex T-Shirt - Rodeo Equipment
- Power Rangers Movie YELLOW ZORD POSTER 2-Sided Print Long Sleeve Poly T-Shirt
- POLO RALPH LAUREN 3XB MESH SHIRT SHORT SLEEVE POLO MEN NWT blueE
- Camisa Casual M Larga ID 40232 Centenario (CM L) Tela black
- BRYCE HARPER Philadelphia Phillies Logo Hoodie Philly Mens Kids Adult Youth
- IF THE BAR AIN'T BENDING JUST PRETENDING BODYBUILDING ADULTS KIDS SWEATSHIRT
- MANIFEST WU TANG LIMITED EDITION LARGE TSHIRT TEE wu wear CREAM RARE method man
- PAUL SMITH Mens Shirt Size 16" (CHEST 40") RRP + FLORAL LIBERTY STYLE
- Vtg 80s New Umbro Mens Large England World Cup Long Sleeve Soccer Jersey bluee
- Men's Adidas Originals SP LXE Luxe Moto Motocross Hoodie Red AJ3809 Size XL
- Southern Tide 19th Hole Footwedge Quarter Zip Mens S Tsunami Grey bluee NWT
- Alpha Industries MA - 1 VF NASA black XL, black, 166107 03
- Autumn Winter Fashion Lion Ancient Digital Printing Men Women Hooded Hoodies 3d
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
|Condition:||Pre-owned : |
An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“Gently used”|