The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- Adidas Woman Team Issue Sweatshirt Size XS Hoodie Fleece Climawarm
- Melissa McCarthy Seven7 Womens Plus Plus Size Cold-Shoulder Blouse bluee 0X
- Anthropologie Maeve Luca Yellow Top - Size 6
- Official NCAA Alabama State University Hornets - PPALU02 Mens Womens Premium
- IVITA 3200g False Breasts Realistic Silicone Breast Forms With Shoulder Straps
- Vintage Authentic LIBERTY of LONDON Pink Cotton Nightdress Size M. Excellent
- LA Idol USA Size 11 Rhinestones Crystals New Womens bluee Jeans
- MAC MELANIE Jeans Denim Stretch blue pure straight fit BASIC Gr. 38 L 34 NEU
- Just Cavallii by Roberto Cavalli woman denim brown wide leg embellished jeans- S
- Women's HUDSON Straight Leg Medium Wash Denim Jeans (27 Short)
- Junior Womens BEIGE TAN SKINNY JEANS Tapered Leg RUE 21 Raw Hem 3 4
- NWT NYDJ Jamie Relaxed Ankle Pant Beaumont (Petite) Size 10 P
- Leather collar w bondage rings choose suede color
- Womens Summer Casual Sport Suits Shorts+trousers Printed Cropped Pants T shirts
- Altuzarra NWT Beige Linen "Perry" High Waist Wide Leg Pants SZ 38
- Victoria's Secret Swim BOMBSHELL Add-2-Cups BIKINI Set 32A M Shiny Pink 39E
- SZ 3X Eileen Fisher Icons Washable Wool Crepe Pencil Skirt Sea Salt NWT
- Whistles Grey Mohair Tunic Dress Long Jumper Size S
- New ATHLETA Chelsea Wide Leg Pants LIGHT ASPHALT Size 6 PETITE S P
- Joe's Jeans Women's Pants Size 29(L) Wide Leg Palazzo Pants White Lightweight
- Three Dots Womens Ponte Slit Legging, Xs
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Pakistan|
Does Not Apply
Does not apply