The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- EXCELLENT Mink Fur Leather Long Vest Dark Brown Runway sz XL
- NWT Gymshark Cosy Zip Hoodie Slate Lavender Marl XS
- New Korea Style Womens Winter Cute Bowknot Slim Cotton Puffer Coat Warm Outwear
- Women's North Carolina A&T State University Prime Hoodie Sweatshirt (Apparel)
- Stunning heavy navy bluee bubble faux fur coat from misguided sold out online s8
- Triumph Amourette 300 Wired Bra Skin (0026) 34E CS
- Eminem Women's Slim Shady Chainsaw Hoodie
- PATAGONIA Womens Teal bluee Organic Cotton Quilt Hoody XL
- Adidas Maglia T-shirt Corta women green DU9917
- NWT Citizens of Humanity Premium Vintage Liya High Rise Jeans; Wiltern; 29
- Superfine Jeans 869562 Grey 25
- Guess Womens Nicola Ivory Faux Fur Reversible Casual Vest Top Small
- AXAMI Set "Mesmerise Me" V-5221 Soutien-Gorge+ Tanga+ Porte-Jaretelles 90 ABCDE
- SEXY calze AUTOREGGENTI black rosse CRISS CROSS intimo lingerie fashion GLAMOUR
- LANDS END Victorian Cotton Embroidered Lace Long Sleeve Peasant Nightgown large
- Rag & Bone Womens Hi Rise Size 24 Jeans Distressed bluee Denim Raw Hem Crop -J3
- Paige Skyline Skinny Dark Wash Mid Rise Women's Jeans 27. 25x31x8x10"
- RALPH LAUREN POLO JEANS blueE DENIM FLARE FIT SIZE W4 L33 EXCEDLLENT CONDITION
- 2Pcs Women Solid color PU Leather Coat Long Sleeve+Trousers Set Bodycon Clubwear
- "OFF-WHITE" WOMEN'S STRIPED TROUSERS RRP
- FK Project FK Monokini Retro the Villa Fk19-f182nr Fantasy Mod. Fk19-f182nr
- Vince yak wool leather trim cardigan sweater L
- ZARA BEAUTIFUL FAUX LEATHER PENCIL SKIRT WITH BELT SIZE XS NEW coat dress boots
- Topshop NWT Grommet Pleated Pants Size 2
- New Oliver Women Mix Media Hooded Long Cardigan Olive Size M
- Escada Women's Knee Length Zip Up Pencil Skirt Cotton Beige Size 36
- XMichelle Keegan Womens Distressed Denim Shorts
- Tan Thru Badeanzug Delfin Seejungfrau Seepferdchen 38 B US 7 8 Wasser Solar Neu
- Kenneth Cole Womens Smoke Grey Acrylic Knit Cardigan Size M - NWT
- Superdry Hot Pantalones Cortos [ 30 ] women Hotpant Vaqueros blue
- Lilly Pulitzer Womens Bermuda Shorts Cotton Size 6 Palm Beach Fit Beige Walking
- ETRO Silk Taffeta Ruffle Pleated Collar Victorian Blouse Top
- NWT Free People Soul Mate Top Retail
- Samantha Sung london Women's wool and silk long sleeve top Size 6
- New Lagenlook Iguana Tops - Beautiful White 2 piece
- Liberty Garden Quilted Sweatshirt Embroidered Suede Contrast Top Womens Medium
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
New without tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging or ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply