The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- NWT Womens New Balance Elixer Printed Yoga Tights WP71466
- Womans Grey Rampage Puffer Coat Size M
- Pure Nordic Open Front Cotton Cardigan Top Women's Size M Floral Stitched Boho
- INTERNATIONAL SCENE Vintage Wool LONG Overcoat Women Size 5 6 Purple RB 11877
- Bc16346 FENDI JEANS blue women WOMEN'S blueE JEANS
- AG Adriano goldschmied FARRAH ANKLE High Rise Skinny Jeans 26 28 29 BNWT +
- AMERICAN APPAREL WOOL CAPE OS
- Body en PVC "Kinkerella" avec Chaînes sur le Buste
- Victorias Secret 36C L Bra Panty Set Very Sexy Longline Plunge Balconet NIP
- goldsheep American flag red white bluee leggings yoga pants NWT Large
- Tara's Elegance Women's Premium Zipper Leg Jeans Size 12 (ID)
- Stampato Reggiseno 65e Cipria pink di Fanatasie Serie Rebecca Nuovo
- PATAGONIA Women's Green Full Zip Regulator Polartec Fleece Vest Size Small
- Victorias Secret VSX Cold Weather Seamless Tights Multi Print XS Purple
- Agent Provocateur Lexxi Bikini Set Bra and Brief Both Size 4(L)
- Sharkskin rash guard size women's large excellent quality
- Sea NY Long Zip Skirt -
- Calypso St Barth 100% Cashmere Open Front Long Cardigan Duster XS bluee Aegean
- ASCENT PANTS,KHAKI, WOMENS, 6.5 OZ 80 20 POLY COTTON MICRO RIP-STOP, L 30
- Fantasie San Remo FS6503 W Armature Haut Bikini Balconnet Gg + Encre 36 Hh Cs
- Gout commun Pants 944446 White 36
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
|Condition:||Pre-owned : |
An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“damaged. Will require some delicate needlework, some of the damage photographed, still a delicious top”|
Does not apply