The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- Axami Impostare Reggiseno Lift+ Perizoma " Domare Me " V-5351 65 70 75 80 85
- Beauty in Buffalo Plaid Top
- Grace Clothing - Navy Tunic with Crystal Detail, Brand New
- Victoria's Secret Cozy Jogger Charcoal Heather Grey Size M
- PAIGE Women's Jimmy Denim Short-Virginia
- WOLFORD Louvre Stringbody Body Satin Seide Baumwolle XS 34 36
- ELBRINA FR125 EU100 Sheath Cincher suspender belts-garters vintage Flesh
- Rainbow Top & Shorts Set
- BUTTERY SOFT LULAROE SIZE TC UNICORN PALM TREES AND SUNSETS LEGGINGS
- Hudson jeans Bootcut size 29
- Conte elegant Cotton Slim Straight Pastel Jeans
- Women's White Robe by Simple Pleasure Night and Day 100% cotton
- 32B STRAPLESS PADDED BRA & 8 BRIEFS CORAL PINK UNTOLD LINGERIE BNWTS
- AXAMI Soutien-gorge "Intense" V-6721 Élégant Push-up 80 85 90 95 100 ABCDE
- Ralph Lauren Polo Silk Cashmere Handknitted Cardigan Size S BNWT
- Eileen Fisher Washed Cotton Tencel Stretch Twill Straight Cropped Pants
- EMILIO PUCCI Light Green Capri Pants, Designer SZ40
- S NWT Talbots Soft Red Wool Blend Pencil Skirt Size 6 MSRP
- FENTY X PUMA BY RIHANNA FITTED PANEL SWEATPANTS
- QL2 Womens Pants Size Italian 44 White Mid Rise Straight Leg Cotton New
- 121YT21 Seafolly Womens Ocean pink Bustier Bra Bikini Top, Ocean pink, US 10
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport
|Condition:||Pre-owned : |
An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“damaged. Will require some delicate needlework, some of the damage photographed, still a delicious top”|
Does not apply