The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- Sassa Bra Push up Lace Colour Cappuccino
- Womans Grey Rampage Puffer Coat Size M
- Pure Nordic Open Front Cotton Cardigan Top Women's Size M Floral Stitched Boho
- Oh My Gauze or Abaca Allie Top, 100% Preshrunk Cotton Gauze, New with Tags
- NEW Misha Collection Kaia Pantsuit Jumpsuit Red Size 12 AU 8 US RRP
- RED CARD Jeans 865736 bluee 26
- FAJAS&FAJATE COLOMBIANAS REDUCTORAS POST PARTO SURGERY AS 3101 MOLDEATE&REDUCE
- New Adidas Women's Stella McCartney Studio Jumpsuit Dark Grey AO3606
- ° SANDRO °- Jean blue size 38
- Miss me jeans 30 JW4292B8 Boot
- Triumph Amourette 300 Maxi weiß (0003) 16 CS
- Jupon Soutien-Gorge 75b 38 purple white avec Perles de Free Voogue Neuf
- Odlo Sports Bra Ladies SIZE 34C REF C2234
- Autumn Wear New Fashion Single Button Closure Blazer for Women
- JIL SANDER women's suit, classic tailoring circa 1990, 100% wool, size 38
- Vintage Christian Dior Skirt Suit Size 10 Worsted Wool
- Sailor Girl Swim Dress Tankini Swimsuit Top Only
- MagicSuit Women's Natalie Soft Cup One Piece Swimsuit, Grey, 16
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Womens Purple Printed Ruched One-Piece Swimsuit 8 BHFO 0095
- Seafolly Bikini Moon Dance Bralette Top AU 10 & Reversible Hipster Pant AU 12
- ZARA BASIC COLLECTION Women Ankle Dress Pant size 12 Indigo
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport