The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- Spring Autumn Trench Coat Women Plus Size Long Elegant Outwear Women Overcoat
- See By Chloe Owl Print Balloon Sleeve Top BNWT SIZE 10-12
- Rubik's Cube Pastell-colord Print Women's Hoodie by Spreadshirt™
- Abend Top von Yest Gr. 38 moonlight petrol mit Spitze sexy Party Stehkragen
- Paige Hoxton Ultra Skinny High Rise Transcend Women's Jeans - Smoke Grey - 26
- VERY RARE Agent Provocateur Emerald Green Molly Suspender Thong or Brief
- La Redoute Womens Cropped Blazer 350072405
- One Teaspoon Womens 20686 Straight Leg Ripped Jeans bluee Size 26 RRP BCF811
- LEE COOPER Ladies bluee Cameron Extra Comfort Lasting Shape Jeans L BNWT
- NYDJ Womens Marilyn Pink Cropped Cuffed colord Skinny Jeans 16 BHFO 1597
- Victoria's Secret Pink Varsity Scoop Light Push Bra
- Torrid Women's Size 10 Girlfriend Skinny Jeans Medium Wash
- Laty pink Post Surgery Waist Trainer Belt Colombian Latex w Trimmer 3 Hook & Eye
- USA 4th of July American Women Hoodie Gift
- blueGIRL OF blueMARINE Zebras Stretchy Twin Set I38 S
- NWOT Anthropologie Mara Hoffman Drop Waist Cover Up Size XS
- ELENA MIRO' gonna lunga rossa impunture bianco 100% lino
- THE UPSIDE Ladies Light Grey High Waisted Cropped Straight Leg Trousers UK14 W32
- Nano UNIVERSE Sweaters 172640 bluee 36
- BCBG Maxazria grey waffle knit sweater S
- PilyQ Swim Set New With Tags Size Medium Large
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport