The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- Desigual Women's Sport Long Tight W Mesh Denim Luxury - Choose SZ color
- Gestuz Sequin Embellished Evette-ta Top, Cut Out Work, Cream White, Size 38
- Junk Food Los Angeles City Of Angels Women's T-Shirt
- NWT Victoria's Secret Pink Bling Sequin Animal Print Boot-Cut Yoga Pants Sz XS
- Westward Bound Spellbound Latex Leotard Red with Red Trim
- VINCE CAMUTO Navy bluee Ruffle Shoulder Wide Leg Culottes Capri Jumpsuit 16 XL
- Winter Womens Lapel Woolen Overcoat Long Slim Windbreakers Casual Coat Parka
- GENUINE AJ ARMANI JEANS WOMEN'S A5J75 WHITE W29 L34 REGULAR NEW RRP
- AX Armani Exchange Jeans Women Size 31 Studded Cropped bluee Denim New (Nice)
- NEW Zella 'Live In' High Waist Leggings Navy Size Large L
- Blank Nyc comme If white Super Destroy Mom Jean W30 (ca196)
- Top quality bra Cotton Club brand lingerie Made in red plum flowers 36 L B
- BONiTA zauberhafter Wolle Blazer Gr. 42 TOP
- MADEWELL WOMEN'S BOOTLEGGER DARK WASH JEANS 27x30
- Chunky HandKnitted bluee Tube Hooded Fetish 100% Wool by LanaKnittings
- Magaschoni Royal bluee 100% Cashmere Ruffle Sweater Cardigan Large L
- LAD MUSICIAN Sweaters 473253 Green
- Freya Run Wild AS4617 con Aro Halter Volante Top Tankini black (black) 36G Cs
- Ebonyivory Sweaters 801081 White F
- 8 Rare Anthropologie Floral Linen Skirt
- SPANX BRA-LLELUJAH PINK PARADISE ONE PIECE SWIMSUIT SIZE 18 B C NWT
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport