The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- Vintage Liz Claiborne Blazer, Size 6P, Navy With White Polka Dot
- G230 Reserved bluee studded top, new with tags, size 14
- Allegra K Women's Buttons Rolled Sleeves Point Collar Western Denim Shirt
- WOMENS NAPA VALLEY WOMAN PASTEL LAVENDER, WHITE, GREEN SPRING COAT 16
- NIB FREE PEOPLE SEQUIN JUMPER SHORTALL ROMPER PLUNGEY SEXY HEAVY PINK XS
- Superdry Women's Jeans pinkfill Rin bluee Mod. pink
- MiH JEANS "THE LONDON" SUBTLE BOOTCUT SIZE 29 (US 7 8) MIRAGE WASH REDUCED
- NWT Current Elliott Slim Cropped Straight Star Print Stretch Denim Jeans Size 25
- One Teaspoon Women's Low Waist Freebirds Jeans bluee Size 26 RRP BCF712
- TOPSHOP SUPER DARK DENIM HIGH WAISTED SKINNY JEANS W28 L30
- Plus Size Romantic Lace Long-Sleeved Kimono Robe - Dreamgirl 11078X
- BKE JEANS BOOT CUT DAKOTA SIZE 30-32 INSEAM 34
- Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Bow Front Pleated Tiered Slip Nightie Valentines S
- "Best of 1997" 19th Birthday Gift Idea - Funny Novelty Women Hoodie Cool Facts
- J brand leather pants Size 24
- MAILLOT DE BAIN 1 une pièce 90E (ancien 90DD) FREYA SUNDANCE black
- COS straight leather trouser size eu 36,
- 49AV JUNKO SHIMADA Sweaters 741159 Pink 38
- FRESH FRUITS JAMAICAN STYLE ONE-PIECE SWIMSUIT
- Spirit Of The Andes 100% Baby Alpaca Mauve Open Front Cardigan Size Medium
- Women’s WHITE STUFF Fluttering Hearts Cardigan New With Tags Size 8
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport