The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- CARHARTT FR Flame Resist Jeans Original Fit Mens 32 x 32 100% Cotton Carpenter 1
- The North Face Men Nylon Outdoor Hiking Camping Pants Beige sz 32
- Gerry Weber Edition Women's Greenwich Coat Green (Moos 50788) 20 .
- Karen Millen Belted Trench Coat, White ; RPR
- Victorias Secret STUNNING Signature Pea Coat NWT 10
- Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana Size 44 Plaid Blazer Lgold Piana
- LE3NO Womens Lightweight Sleeveless Military Anorak Vest
- Royce Impact Free S1149 Non-wired Sports Bra Pink 32J CS
- Adidas Women's Roland Garros Skirt BS1926 Green
- LOGO Lounge Lori goldstein Mesh Accent Tunic Top Plus Size 2X New NWOT
- Official NCAA University of Mount Union - PPMTU02 Mens Womens Premium Triblend
- Handmade William Morris Strawberry Thief Dungarees Ladies Bird Floral
- Versace Jeans Skinny A Double Strass women's denim Jeans size 31
- Anthropologie Grier Jumpsuit Sz 10 M Medium Red - By Maeve
- Axami Set Push Up Sujetador + Tanga Levanto V-7131 Gr.65 70 75 80 85 Abcde Smlxl
- O'Neill Charlene Romper - Women's - X-Small, goldie
- NEU ★WOW ★ BAGGY BOYFRIEND JEANS ☆STRETCH 4 BUTTONS USA PRINT GRÜN M 36 38
- Sexy 2pc Sheerly Seductive Long Dress, Blossom Cherry. Plus Sizes, 1X 2X, 3X 4X
- Triumph Trendy Realce Whu Pizarra (00ja) 32A
- Jones New York Misses Womens Textured Blazer SZ 2 orange Tweed Sale Designer US
- Sloggi Women's S Symmetry Brazil Panty Green (Secret Lagoon 00en)
- ERES - SWIMSUIT - "PAD COPM" - T.44fr either 42fr - AUTHENTIC
- GISPA Toffee Brown Cardigan Wool Sweater L NWT Made in
- FABIANA FILIPPI Sweaters 859507 WhiteｘMulticolor XXS
- Smartwool Women Ripple Creek Tunic Crew Sweater Charcoal Htr Medium 00322-010
- ANAYI Sweaters 457104 Grey 38
- Lauren Moffatt Beige Cotton Silk Brown gold Pleated Miniskirt Size 2
- NWT TAVIK WOMENS EMME ONE PIECE Swimsuit in Villa Desert Clay SZ S
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport